If you are interested in the above itinerary, please let us know a few details about your trip by filling in the form below; one of our travel specialists will send you a detailed proposal shortly. If for any reason you didn’t receive our reply, please check your Junk Folder before contacting us directly at [email protected]
This trip will cover: Amman Highlights, Petra and The Dead Sea.
You will be taken 2,000 years back in time to discover the city of Petra, capital of the Nabataeans. This ancient civilization carved the city into the face of mountains and today it is considered one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
In Amman, You will visit the Citadel and The Roman Amphitheater. Also you will have time to Swim and Relax in The Dead Sea.
3 Days /2 Nights
Upon your arrival, one of our representatives will meet you with a sign of your family name at Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA).
Transfer to Petra.
start a full day tour exploring the magnificent, mysterious, rock-carved red rose city of Petra or sometimes known as The Lost City.
Spend the day experiencing this ancient Nabataean city. Walk through the Siq, the three-quarter-mile narrow gorge (1.2 km) that opens up to the magnificent Treasury, the entrance guarding the old city. Then explore the Street of Facades, a row of monumental Nabataean tombs, as you work your way to the steps that lead you to the High Place of Sacrifice. Take in the view of Wadi Musa below and if you have the energy, why not climb up the additional 800 steps to Petra's largest monument, the Monastery.
Breakfast and drive to The Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth, with its 423 meters below sea level. Free day at leisure to enjoy the unique salty water, which is four times saltier than normal seawater. This unusually salty, buoyant and mineral - rich water has attracted visitors since ancient times, all of whom have floated effortlessly on their backs while soaking up the water's healthy minerals along with the gently defused rays of the Jordanian sun.
After breakfast, you will visit the ruins of the Amman Roman theatre and The Citadel.
The Citadel. It is not a stop you would want to miss due to its great significance. You will notice that it's situated on an L-shaped mountain, where it beautifully captures the incredible views of the seven mountains that assemble Amman, where you can inhale the surrounding atmosphere.
What you can see in the Citadel:
- Cistern: This large cistern, located to the right of the vestibule, was the primary water supply to the governor's palace.
- Byzantine Church: The Byzantine basilica's nave is flanked by two rows of columns. The photo looks eastwards from the entrance down the length of the nave, towards the partially reconstructed semicircular wall of the apse.
- Umayyad Mosque: The remains of the Umayyad governor’s palace mosque dating from the 8th century
- Governor's Palace and Mosque: The dome is a modern reconstruction that gives the building an odd, Pac-Man-like appearance. The entrance to the vestibule is the large semicircular archway below the dome.
- Temple of Hercules: Larger than any temple in Rome itself, the massive structure faces east and is seen here from the front (northeast corner.) The temple portico is framed by six 33-foot-tall columns
- Dome of the Vestibule: The interior of the dome of the Umayyad vestibule is shown here. The original dome's interior would have been painted and plastered, giving a much different appearance.
We will now head off to the Roman Amphitheater, which is another impressive remnant of Roman rule in Jordan. Whilst it isn't quite the Colosseum, it's an interesting place to take in for an hour or so.
At the end of this eventful day, we will escort you back to your hotel, where you will sit back, relax, reflect on the cultural enrichments of the day and look forward to the adventures we are about to embark on tomorrow.
Afterwards, you will be driven to the airport where you will say your goodbyes; a staff member will take your luggage inside and wish you a safe and pleasant trip home.
Halino Travel can design a special itinerary for you or customize any already proposed tour. We will do our best to make your Jordan experience unique and special!
Why Book With Us?
Have Any Question?
Do not hesitate to contact us (call or WhatsApp Message). We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Our packages can be tailored or built completely from scratch to suit your needs. Why not contact us with your interests? we are flexible to arrange it for you.